U16's Tournament in Deary, Idaho 3-17-19
DCV Whitepine U-16’s
Match Madness Tournament
Saturday, March 17th – St. Patty’s Day
Playing Site: Deary High School
Address: 502 1st Avenue, Deary, ID, 83823
Start Time: 8:00 am – doors open @ 7:00 am
Coaches’ Meeting: 7:30 am
U16 Format: There are 2 pools of 4 teams. The 1st and 2nd place
teams from each pool will advance to the championship bracket with the 3rd and 4th place
teams entering the consolation bracket.
Pool Play: Pool Play warm-ups will begin directly after the coaches’ meeting. Play will
begin by 8:00 a.m, officiating team please get the coin toss going immediately after coaches meeting. The warm-ups for the first two rounds will be 5/5 and 3/3 thereafter.
Serving must be done during this time. Please, start the next warm-ups RIGHT AFTER
the previous match concludes.
Bracket Play: Will start after pool play has finished. As pool play results are compiled, we will enter into a single elimination bracket.
Prizes: Prizes will be awarded to the 1st place and 2nd place team in the Championship bracket and 1st place team in the Consolation bracket. We will have posters for the teams to hold when getting their pictures taken too! Remember its St. Patty’s weekend, wear green!
Rosters: Bring one of your own accurate and updated rosters.
Officiating: Losing teams plan to stay and ref. Coaches will need to be R1.
- We will have Coffee and Treats in the morning, and Papa Murphy’s Pizza and Bottled Water around lunch for sale! We will also have t-shirts for sale in the foyer!
- All proceeds will go to the Deary Club Volleyball Program. Thank you!
• Food can be brought into the facility, but no food is allowed in the gym and coolers must remain in the team area. Please clean up your messes! Tables are OK in the designated food areas. We will have signs in the halls for each of the team camps.
• Please make sure to find the tournament director before you leave so we can assure
that reffing assignments are covered and your area is clean and that you haven’t
• NO GUM on courts! WATER ONLY (no food/other drinks) IS ALLOWED ON THE
PLAYING SURFACE—THIS INCLUDES THE SCORER’S TABLE!! Sports drinks are NOT
water and are sticky when spilled. Only water is allowed in the gym.
• No pets are allowed in the facility.
• Please supervise all children. No volleying or bouncing the volleyballs in the hallways of the school.
The document U16_s_Tournament_3-17-19.xlsx was attached to this post.